As part of my read more/blog more New Year’s Resolution, I’ve decided to read all the books I stopped reading, unfinished, for one reason or another, in 2016.
To my knowledge, they are:
- Tom Jones – Henry Fielding
- The Name of the Rose – Umberto Eco
- A Strangeness in my Mind – Orhan Pamuk
- Bel Canto – Ann Patchett
- Great Expectations – Charles Dickens
- The Meaning of Night – Michael Cox
- The French Lieutenant’s Woman – John Fowles
- Anna Karenina – Leo Tolstoy
Looking at the books now, all of them are actually interesting, and I probably stopped reading them because they were too long (except for Bel Canto) and I got distracted by a novel that I wanted to read more. Whenever that happens, I always tell myself that I would return to the temporarily abandoned book…but sometimes I get distracted by another novel, then another, then another….
So anyway, I promise to read…and finish…these 8 novels in 2017, and promise (promise?!) that I won’t abandon any books in 2017 (*gulp*).
What about you, are there any books you abandoned in 2016?