The internet has been buzzing lately with news of the release of the 6th book of George R.R. Martin’s hugely popular series A Song of Ice and Fire. It has been reported that The Winds of Winter might be released by the end of 2017. But then again, that’s what he said last year too, so let’s not get our hopes up.
In the meantime, I think it would be a better idea to be excited over other novels more likely to be released in 2017, like…
- The Conjuring of Light (V.E. Schwab) – The 3rd installment of Schwab’s very engaging Shades of Magic Trilogy. Release date: February 21.
- The Killing Commendatore (Haruki Murakami) – A brand new 2-volume novel to be released simultaneously. Nothing is known about this novel, except that it will be very strange. I’m excited already! Release date: February 24.
- The Thorn of Emberlain (Scott Lynch) – The 4th book of The Gentleman Bastard series was originally set to be released last September 22, 2016, but was postponed, with no exact date mentioned. Release date: possibly March or April 2017.
- The Tale of Beren and Luthien (J.R.R. Tolkein) – The epic love story between a human and an elf, and the real-life love story between Tolkein and his wife. Release date: May 4, 2017.
- The Mirror and the Light (Hillary Mantel) – The 3rd and final part of Mantel’s trilogy on the life and fall of Thomas Cromwell. The two preceding novels, Wolf Hall, and Bring Up The Bodies, are both Booker Prize winners. Release date: Sometime in 2017 (hopefully).
That’s all I can think of for now…
What about you, what books are you excited for in 2017?