February was a good month for book shopping; I bought 13 books, 3 of which I already read.
- The Temple of the Golden Pavilion – Yoshio Mishima
- Soul Mountain – Gao Xingjian
- The Children’s Book – A.S. Byatt
- Death with Interruptions – Jose Saramago
- The Known World – Edward P. Jones
- Death and the Flower – Koji Suzuki
- Paris, I Love You But You’re Bringing Me Down – Rosecrans Baldwin
- The Accused – Joyce Carol Oates
- A House for Mr. Biswas – V.S. Naipul
- Enduring Love – Ian McEwan
- The Big Sleep – Raymond Chandler
Last minute buys (February 26):
- The Buried Giant – Kazuo Ishiguro
- Far From the Madding Crowd – Thomas Hardy
The three which I’ve already read are:
- The Temple of the Golden Pavilion – Yoshio Mishimo (not bad, but hard to comprehend)
- Death and the Flower – Koji Suzuki (An excellent collection of short stories about family life)
- Paris, I Love You But You’re Bringing Me Down – Rosecrans Baldwin (a memoir of an American in Paris and why we all love/hate the French).
Death with Interruptions – Jose Saramago (interrupted by Middlemarch by George Eliot).
I think I bought so many books in February that there won’t be anything left for me to buy in March….said no book lover ever!