I haven’t really celebrated American Thanksgiving in a while now, but in keeping with the spirit of the season, here’s a list of all the (literary) things I’m thankful for this year.
3. That cadavers continue to be useful members of society despite being…dead (Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers).
4. That William Pitt stole someone’s leg and ran off with it to a warehouse in Dejima (The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet).
5. For the French (The Sweet Life in Paris).
7. For seeing all the different ways Bras de Oliva Domingo could have lived his life to the fullest (Daytripper).
9. That I don’t know Ignatius J. Reilly in real life (A Confederacy of Dunces).
10. For Tyrion Lannister (A Dance with Dragons).
11. That Momozono Nanami got evicted from her home (Kamisama Hajimemashita).
13. That I don’t live on Arrakis…(Arrakis – Dune – Desert Planet)
But most of all, I’m thankful that there are so many great writers and books out there for me to read, and ponder, and lose sleep over!
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!