We interrupt the regular mundane book-related posts on here to bring you something totally random and inconsequential except to the author, whose sole purpose for writing right now is to hopefully release stress by ranting…..
So for all those who usually read my blog (thank you for visiting!), I apologize for this…just ignore this post as it serves only as a therapeutic exercise.
And for all those who just happened to stumble upon this blog for the first time, I don’t normally do this kind of thing. I’m usually pretty sane and normal…maybe.
1. I’m starting to lose interest in Murakami’s 1Q84. I’m still on the first section where the chapters alternate between the mysterious woman, Aomame, and the math teacher / fiction writer, Tengo.
Right now it’s just slightly interesting…enough to get me through the end of each chapter, but I don’t know if I feel it’s interesting enough to get me through 1,000 pages to the end. I’m getting quite impatient for the story to begin, if there actually is a unifying story…
2. The manga I read a few weeks back, Kamisama Hajimemashita is surprisingly a lot better than I thought. I discovered new translated / summarized chapters last night and it seems like what I thought were plot holes, are actually well-thought of storylines. Might still be too early to tell though. Will have to wait for the actual chapters to come out.
Now, I’m totally hooked and I can’t wait for the next chapters to come out (and be translated). I hate waiting!
On a related topic, the Kamisama Hajimemashita anime is not as great as the manga. I feel it’s a bit rushed, and I don’t know why the arrangement of the anime episodes are a bit jumbled up. It must serve some kind of purpose….
3. I tried reading (actually read up to the most recent chapter) another manga – Black Bird. I guess I should have stopped when I read the category “smut” (even though it was the reason why I actually went ahead with it). I was curious, ok!?!?!
Anyway, turns out, it really is just smut! The story is a bit shallow and really just revolves around how to get the two protagonists to start making out.
Coincidentally, this one is about a tengu (crow youkai) and a human. The tengu has a best friend who is a fox youkai. As opposed to Kamisama, which is about a fox youkai, a human, and one tengu side character.
But I wouldn’t recommend Black Bird to anyone, unless they were looking for something smutty with a domineering, manipulative male character whose sole purpose in life is to get the female protagonist in bed …. I wonder if this is how reading 50 Shades of Gray feels like….? (Though I don’t think Black Bird is THAT smutty).
4. I thought I would be able to read more during the long weekend, but alas, I was wrong. However, it wasn’t a total waste of time. I got to go mountain biking on different types of terrain. Got to try out a rough trail (mud, rocks, and all), and a paved road. We even went up to a city which is pretty high up. I survived the ordeal…barely.
5. Work related: I hate dealing with other people’s problems. I tend to be doing a lot of that these days. It’s just that time of the year. Is it because I don’t have much personal problems of my own that I have to solve other people’s? Really, like I care???
I hate liars who continue to lie even after they are caught. I mean, seriously, what’s the point?? Though, what’s worse than a liar, is a bad liar! If you’re going to lie, you should do it well so that you won’t get caught. Because otherwise, it’s just insulting!
Also, if you do something stupid, you should be prepared to face the consequences.
6. I wonder why people crowd cemeteries on All Saint’s and All Souls’ Day to visit their deceased relatives. There are 365 days in a year. Does it not count if you go to the cemetery on any random day of the year that is not November 1 or 2?
7. The Christmas season here starts WAY too early! How can you feel Christmassy in November?
**End of rant**
Ok, I think I feel slightly better now…Not really, but whatever!